So I decided that since I havent been posting poetry on here in a while Im going to be shifting the focus of this blog for a little while. While I still will post any poems as they come to me I want to develop my skills as an artist more. I will be posting a daily hand lettering piece.
I want the quotes that I am lettering to not be the typical inspirational quotes by famous people. Instead, I will be lettering quotes from the depths of tumblr. Those little one liners that everyone finds so relatable in such ridiculous ways.
"Pick up the battle and make it a better world. Just where you are.
And it can be better.
And it must be better.
But it is up to us.”
I need more poetry in my queue HINT FUCKING HINT
reblog this if you post (almost exclusively) poetry/writing (original or otherwise) and I shall give thee a follow!!
Out in the backyard
Under no eyes but the moons
I want to stay up waiting for you
To get up the courage
To sing to me with that voice
You so despise and I love
Because in all its imperfections
I only hear the love of you
And the nakedness of a soul
That had always hidden under
Too many layers of clothing
And a jacket you refused to remove
On the hottest day
But when I was cold
You took it off for me
And you held me as I cried
When in my anger I hurt you
And you told me with measured words
How you had never learned to comfort
But how you wanted to
For love of me.
My heart is full.
Lets stop talking bad about people we don’t know
One day they might be the only ones willing to chance a friendship with you.
Lets stop letting people be lonely
One day you might be the one alone.
Lets stop lying to our friends
Not because of what it gets you, but because it hurts them.
Lets start loving with our whole hearts,
And speaking our minds, but training our minds to think well of people so that what come out will be praise and love and joy.
Perhaps then our friendships will be stronger, our hearts fuller, our lives longer.
Perhaps then we will stop being lonely.
1. The quiet seeped from your pores and I craved it.
2. I walked you to work every day for no reason but that you asked me to and I was lonely.
3. I had a boyfriend, but I think he knew he was never going to match me. His heart was full of poison and mine glowed.
4. You loved her.
5. He left me.
6. I wonder if she ever truly loved you, because I knew you better than she ever seemed to try, and when i knew she was going to drop you, I just wanted to be there to help you stand back up again.
7. I was entranced by his walk, and the magic promised in his words and hands.
8. His lips tasted like another boy’s unfaithfulness but I still liked it.
9. When he dropped me you were there.
10. Sometimes I think I always knew you’d loved me.
Love like you’ve never been broken.
I bet you taste like
Late nights talking
And the sound of
In the air as I tell
You of my soul.
I stretch my branches upward.
A mortal child at my feet
Tells me of her troubles.
Friends she left behind
And the worries of her life.
“If only you could talk”
She sighs, and I,
I talk to her of time.
This boy wouldn’t lie about love.
I want life like a garden.